Best Drone Simulator Review
A drone simulator is the most recommendable choice if you are new to drone technology. You will have to build and fine tune your reflexes to move the sticks in the right direction when the craft is coming towards you or when it’s moving away from you and many other finesses.
It is a fact that multi-rotor drones are pretty expensive so it is good to get some practice using a much less expensive method, a UAV simulator, before unpacking your new drone. You will get the best practice buying the best drone simulator.
What type of simulator drone to choose?
If you want to make the best choice you should decide exactly what it is you’re trying to get out of the software. We recommend you to ask yourself a few questions and make sure that whichever quadcopter simulator you decide to purchase covers all the topics you need it to.
- Will you use the simulator on PC or Mac?
- Are you practicing for FPV drone flight or Line of Sight, or both?
- Are you trying to practice drone camera skills?
- Do you need to practice your UAV video taking ability?
- Do you want to practice RC helicopters and fixed wing aircraft as well?
- Are you just looking for a drone flight simulator for entertainment?
- Is this for commercial or recreational use? (Be sure to buy using your business card and you can write this off as a tax-exempt expense for commercial)
Defining the reason for purchasing drone flight simulator software will make it quite simple to pick out the best product on the market.
There is no simulator that can be 100% accurate. Progress varies from person to person. It mostly depends on how much time, effort and money you will invest in the hobby. There are also innately skilled people.
Even if you gained the routine practicing with the simulator, we recommend you to start with a relatively easy to fly, inexpensive drone after that and then to go to the bigger, more expensive models that have so many more features.
Going right away from a simulator to a pro level model is a huge change and it can produce difficulties and unexpected costs due to misuse.
Features you should look for in drone simulator:
1. Tech Support:
You shouldn’t neglect the importance of tech support at any price. It will be more than valuable to speak to the simulator’s tech support if you bump into any issues when you are training with it. There are also companies on drone simulator market offering also separate software packages for each model they support. Because of this, you will need to know which packages you will want to use.
2. How realistic is the Physics?
The drone simulator physics must be realistic. Otherwise, it will be no significant benefit from using the simulator. Not all the companies that make flight simulators support quadcopters or multi rotors. Among those few, not all score that well. Considering that, a particular simulator might be very realistic when flying RC planes, it may fare poorly when it comes to quadcopters.
3. How easy is it to use?
If the software that comes with the drone simulator isn’t easy to use and you can use it right out of the box, there’s little point in using that drone simulator.
4. PC or Mac?
Take a note that not all of the drone simulators work on Mac. If you have only a mac and want to use a simulator that isn’t compatible, your only option would be to partition the hard drive, install Windows on the new partition and install the simulator on the Windows partition.
Best drone simulator review:
1. Simpro Drone Flight Simulator:
[easyazon_link keywords=”Simpro Drone Flight Simulator” locale=”US” tag=”blueclsolut02-20″]Simpro Drone Flight Simulator[/easyazon_link] deserved the first place on our list thanks to creative new customization options to its sim software as well as their amazing price.
- It has the ability to create an environment in accordance to a pilot’s needs and allows great customization for training drone pilots in both their environment and the type of drone used for the training. This new drone flight simulator that can be used on both a PC or Mac.
- There is also integrated custom built flight engine that replicates the real world physics of drone flight. This enables you to put a drone anywhere in the world and have it fly accurately. This includes any altitude. The current, initial launch version includes the Phantom 2 and 3 flight areas.
- You can download a demo from DroneSimPro.com. This software supports most USB controllers and has been tested to work with Xbox and Playstation controllers. We must say this simulation software looks like a great up and comer in the market and is priced reasonably.
2. RealFlight Drone Flight Simulator – With Controller:
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01724HVD0″ locale=”US” tag=”blueclsolut02-20″]RealFlight Drone Flight Simulator[/easyazon_link] – With Controller is the most detailed and powerful simulator on the market. This kind of quality also means higher price. The Realflight drone comes with the Interlink Elite Controller, so you don’t have any batteries or complicated setups needed. Each software function is initiated by the controller so there’s no keyboard needed, which means more simplicity.
This drone simulator allows you to do almost everything you could possibly want to:
- Learn camera skills
- Maneuvering skills
- Explore FPV flight.
- Fly Phantom models and many others.
- Master camera gimbal operation
- Practice in various conditions, day, night, and different windspeed and direction.
- In-game challenges that keep the simulation fun while learning.
A disadvantage of this drone simulator would be is that it is not Mac compatible. Those of you using Apple computer products are going to have to go with a different option. But if you use a pc, you'll want in.
Consequently, if you want to seriously practice, we must say this is the drone flight simulator number one for pc we can recommend. Regardless of that, we are aware that the price will turn a lot of you away.
The simulator also has a great product feature, the rewind button. The purpose of this feature is to allow you to back the simulation up and redo the instance anytime you have a crash or miss a photo, allowing for real-time instant correction of whatever your error may have been.
Check this drone video link to get better image of this drone model simulator:
3. Aerofly RC7 Quad Simulator:
[easyazon_link keywords=”Aerofly RC7 Quad Simulator” locale=”US” tag=”blueclsolut02-20″]Aerofly RC7 Quad Simulator[/easyazon_link] features physics that seem is very similar to that of when you are flying actual drone. But as same as with the previous model, you will need to spend much money to get this kind of real practice. Aerofly RC7 comes with or without a controller, so you can use your existing controller if you have the right connection kit.
These are the main benefits of this model:
- Fly over 130 models with Aerfoly RC7 Ultimate.
- Use their controller or your own, best customization.
- Fly Phantom and Other Quad and Hexacopters.
- Usage on Mac and Apple Versions.
- Fly in rate mode, adjust FPV cameral tilt angle, fish-eye effect.
- Great for practicing Flying FPV Racing.
Aero RC7 drone simulator provides you a bit more customization and a better example of practicing FPV flying, therefore if that’s what you’re looking for this may be for you. It can be used on both mac and pc.
4. Liftoff by Immersion RC:
The [easyazon_link keywords=”Litoff by Immersion RC” locale=”US” tag=”blueclsolut02-20″]Litoff by Immersion RC[/easyazon_link] is not a standard drone simulator. This model is made for the newbies looking for fpv racing practice. Let’s see what the benefits of this type of drone flight simulator are:
- Practice for drone racing on software built specifically for drone racers.
- Integrates well with fpv goggle systems.
- Cheap at $19.99 on Steam – pre-release.
- PC and Mac Versions Available
- Very pretty and well designed, but specifically only useful for drone racing.
The Litoff is fun and inexpensive. On the other hand, it isn’t useful for photo taking or video practice. It also has one very specific drone simulator function and that is to help you learn to fly your drone from the first person view.
This model goes well with fpv goggles and is easy to purchase from steam, easy to install and easy to setup and use with your current fpv system. That is the reason you can consider it the best current fpv UAV simulator.
5. Heli X UAV Flight Simulator:
[easyazon_link keywords=”Heli X UAV Flight Simulator” locale=”US” tag=”blueclsolut02-20″]Heli X UAV Flight Simulator[/easyazon_link] is a really good R/C helicopter flight sim with the ability to allow you to fly drone flight simulations. This model uses the great real-time physics based on modern mathematical science. The software is compatible with Max, Linux and Windows so it is a great all around piece of flight simulation software. The benefits of this drone simulator are:
- Cost: It is a little cheaper than the first two options.
- They have training scenarios for rescue situations.
- Some other scenarios include cage, lasso, autorotation, reaction training, hover training, etc.
This is a solid, educational drone flight simulator that won’t break the bank. For the case you choose to use Heli-X software you will need to use USB controllers. HELI-X can be booted without a controller, but cannot control the models inside the software.
6. FPV Freerider App:
[easyazon_link keywords=”FPV Freerider” locale=”US” tag=”blueclsolut02-20″]FPV Freerider[/easyazon_link] is a cheap drone simulator model. Noteworthy, it lacks in the physics and functions of more expensive counterparts. This simulation app can help you practice fpv and line of sight drone flight.
A disadvantage of this model is that it is limited by its app status, which means it doesn’t have as powerful of a physics simulator engine. It also doesn’t have a controller, so you will have to find a USB controller to use with it. There are USB controllers that work with this software, but you will have to make sure it is a USB compatible controller before you buy it.
Main benefits of FPV Freerider are:
- Extremely low cost.
- Fun for FPV racing practice.
- Works with almost any USB remote, just pick one up and connect it to the app.
One more disadvantage is that the software isn’t as real and you cannot practice your camera work. This will be a good solution for the case you’re looking for something to help you with your aerial photography business or are seriously practicing to use a phantom or some other expensive new drone.
Benefits of using a drone simulator:
With a drone simulator, you can crash as many times as you want without costing any money. It allows you to develop and hone your reflexes without actually getting your skin in the game, so to speak. Just a few hours training with a decent simulator will make your reflexes good enough to fly most drones.Usage of this kind of software will increase your confidence, see your skill level soar, and help you save $1000s in repair
Usage of this kind of software will increase your confidence, see your skill level soar, and help you save $1000s in repair costs because you won't crash your drone as often as you otherwise would have.
You shouldn’t download just any drone simulator and expect it to work wonders for your skill level. You will have to choose the simulator with a lot of care and deliberation. The best drone flight simulator software will provide you practice aerial photography, fpv racing, video taking, and allows you to practice on many different models.
There are many options available for drone simulators so you will have to play a balancing act between what functions you’re looking for and what price you want to pay. For the starters really looking for practice we recommend the Realflight software.Drone simulators are
Drone simulators are best solution for beginners, but can be also of great help for intermediate flyers, especially those looking to practice their video and photography skills.